Thursday 21 December 2017

Wrapping it up for the year

                                          












My house is clean, spot-less, cobweb-less, dead ladybeetle-less, spider-less and dust rhino-less (that’s like dust bunnies but bigger).  I even took pictures off the wall to vacuum the dust collections behind them – how does that even happen in just several months?

We had Tom’s office Christmas dinner here last night.  It was nice to sit and enjoy out-of-the-office chatter, but yes there was still some office talk too.  We’re all connected in that regard so it’s okay.  I love to cook simple meals with simple food.  It was a pleasure to go on an herb hunt in the greenhouse to see what was available.  It makes me smile when I’m washing and cutting veggies either grown here or purchased from local farms I am familiar with.  And there’s a certain satisfaction knowing that in a few weeks the planning and sowing will begin for a whole new season.  The sunshine adds to the flavour of the day as well. 

I’m around next week, but I might get into a book or two so you may not hear from me.  I’m happy to come out to your place if you order or you could come here. 

If I don’t bump into you before Christmas Day, I wish you a relaxed Christmas. Enjoy family and friends, drive carefully and stay healthy.

Here’s the menu for this week. 
Apples, dehydrated  $2 /snack bag
Applesauce  $4 500mL jar  apples simmered gently with a cinnamon stick, no sugar added, sealed
Granola, with fruit  $8 /500mL jar  I’ll make it when you order
Granola, with nuts and fruit  $10 /500mL jar  I’ll make it when you order
Hummus:   chickpeas*, tahini*, olive oil*, lemon juice*, garlic*, a teeny bit of ground hot pepper* and cumin  (*organic)  $5 250/mL jar   I froze it right away
Microgreens, Daikon Radish  NEW  $2 / bag
Pea Shoots  $2 / bag   three trays full should be ready by Sunday, I’m happy to deliver to you then
SPROUTS, Sandwich Booster (clover, alfalfa, radish & mustard)  $3 / bag
SPROUTS, Spring Salad Mix  (broccoli, radish, red clover & alfalfa)  $3 / bag
Sunflower Shoots  $2 / bag
Tomato Sauce  $6 /500mL jar  sealed
Tomatoes, dehydrated  $2 /snack bag
Tomatoes, frozen   $4 /4Cup package  great for sauces and soups
Tomatoes, Gardeners’ Delight (ping pong ball size) frozen whole  $3 pound



No comments:

Post a Comment